Monday 8 April 2013

THE perfect bag! Zara City Office Bag Review


You may have seen me talking about this bag last week, well I only went and bought it! 
So I am now a proud owner of the City Office Bag by Zara, it is a reasonable £49.99, seeing as it has about a zillion compartments! Also I've wanted this bag forever, seems a small price to pay for such an excellent bag. (facts and figures may not be exact)

I purchased this bag after running around town and trawling through the internet trying to find a bag big enough and sturdy enough to hold my laptop, as I have been using my other Zara bag which isn't exactly ideal - I have to force my mac into it! 

After finding out about this bag, I went into my local Zara store, and found the camel version of it, unfortunatly they did not have the black one in stock, but I thought, if I buy the brown one at least I have a bag I can fit my laptop into. Then if the black one comes into stock I can exchange it. Low and behold the next day on Zara's website, this one came into stock! 
I ordered it straight away as it has been rather sort after as it is very similar to the Prada bag, which has also sold out. However at a fraction of the price I personally love the Zara version more than the Prada one, for one it has more compartments than the Prada original as well as that you have less chance of getting this one stolen (yes I touched wood then). 

The City Office Bag is great it has five compartments, three zipped and two held closed my magnetic buttons. I've seen other peoples reviews on this bag and the zip seems to have been a problem, luckily for me the zips on the bag work fine and don't get caught at all when opening. Must be luck of the draw I suppose. Out of the three large (17inch) zipped compartments, the one in the middle is nicely padded, which means you can fit your laptop in there knowing it is protected from whatever else you have in your handbag as well as it being completely safe if you were to drop your bag. (I reckon, however I'm not going to test this out just incase I break my mac!)

The other two zipped compartments are simple, with just the deep red lining, which is gorgeous! The two buttoned compartments are both brilliant, one with a small zipped compartment that is also padded, this can be used to keep your Ipad/Kindle or any other device. 
The other side there is more little compartments, to fit your mobile, cards and also a tiny zipped compartment for change or other little bits you don't want to be sifting around your bag for. 
The bag also comes with an attachable shoulder strap, which comes in handy when you just want to chuck it over your shoulder when you have other things to carry - for me it's Uni books and Vanilla Latte's 

All in all I think this bag is worth the £49.99, it is gorgeous, simple, and so many compartments, so if you're like me and enjoy putting things in certain places then this is the perfect bag for you. 

x

10 comments:

  1. I am contemplating whether to buy this bag as the price is a bit higher than what I would usually pay! x

    http://lotsofsparkle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is quite expensive, to be fair I use mine a lot when I'm at Uni to transport books and my laptop to and from it. But I don't use it a lot when I'm not at Uni. Depends what you're gonna be using it for really :) xx

      Delete
  2. I really like this bag but is the strap strong enough or will it break after a couple of weeks use?

    http://preciousrosebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been pretty strong so far and I carry a heavy laptop in it to uni most days :) hope this helps x

      Delete
  3. Can I ask how the bag has held up so far? I'm wanting to buy it and put it away for when I go to uni but I can't find any up to date reviews and obviously don't want to be buying it if its gonna break?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only use it when I'm at Uni too, but it seems to be holding up well, even when I've stuffed it with my MacBook and actual books. I was surprised how it carried so much actually without any sign of breaking :)

      Delete
  4. Do you know exactly how many pounds the bag is? People say it's heavy, and I'm trying to get a more accurate gauge on that. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know I'm afraid. It is quite heavy when you have things in it, well I usually put my laptop in it so it was really heavy. But without anything in it it's really not heavy at all.

      Delete
  5. this is a bit late , but do you think two or three files would fit into the bag... im looking for bag big enough to hold my Alevel stuff in... do you think its big enough to hold the files! im tired of looking for bags, I found this one and really need a honest reflection on it! please help me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, yeah I reckon you will be able to fit a level books and files in it, I can fit a laptop and books in so I'm sure you'll be fine. If you buy it test out all your things in it then if it doesn't all got take it back if it does fit then you can take the tags off and use it :) xx

      Delete