Tuesday 6 March 2012

Qu'est-ce une ville, Paris

I was lucky enough to go to Paris with my uni course, last Thursday and what an amazing 4 days it was! Just getting off of the euro tunnel onto the Parisian soul was amazing, even though the sky was grey it didn't feel dull at all.  

We stayed in a nice business hotel just outside of the center, but it had great metro links into the city. I loved how clean Paris was, and how easy it was to get around. On the first evening we ventured to the Eiffel Tower, as it was dark it was lit up and it looked beautiful! I'd been to Paris before when I was 12, however you don't appreciate how beautiful things are when you're that young. So I was glad to have the chance to go back and experience it a lot better. 

That evening, we went to an Italian, we had to go into it as it has glitter on the walls outside, along with cute little fairy lights...it would have been rude not to! We had a lovely meal with even nicer wine! (these two things were a constant whilst in Paris)

On the next two days, we wandered around Paris, visited the Louve and various other museums, I would have loved to spend a lot longer in these places, however I didn't want to be wandering around and then losing everyone else in the process. Also it gives me another reason to go back to this wonderful city! 

We did decide to go to the Isabel Marant show, where we stood outside for an hour, on the cobbles whilst models ran past us, and a few famous faces showed up. However we didn't get to go in and see the show, which was a shame. I didn't have the guts just to walk in!

I have two highlights of the trip, the first one being, the padlock bridge that goes across the river Seine. It was the most romantic thing I have ever seen! Thousands of padlocks and bike chains attached to the bridge, with names of couples on each one. Whilst walking across this bridge, there were a couple that had just got engaged, it was such a cute moment. Paris is one of those places where kissing and cuddling in public is not considered over the top, it's more romantic. 

My other highlight was the last evening, where we started off with a quick 'Paris by night tour', which was a little bit of a let down. However after that we walked up to the Sacre Coeur, which had the most amazing view of the city! Before I got to see it, I did have to climb about 200 steps, and nearly have an asthma attack! But it was definitely worth it.

Afterwards we took a very long walk to a gorgeous restaurant, where I sat with my lecturer and two friends, whilst eating, chatting and of course drinking wine! The restaurant was amazing, it was an old converted railway station, which looked just like the film 'Ratatouille'.
The waiters were so good at their jobs, with ours writing our order down on the table, then memorising it and coming back with 7 plates on one arm! I was amazed.
All in all I had an amazing time in Paris, and I can't wait to go back at some point!
x
(the photos below are not my own, but they are photos of my time in Paris)


No comments:

Post a Comment