Friday 8 June 2012

My DIY t-shirt

So as you may have read I have made my own dip dye tshirt, which you can read about here
I did use a grey dye, however I made a rookie error by then putting it straight into the washing machine. This then made the colour dilute, into this greeny-grey colour, so if you're planning on making your own - DO NOT WASH STRAIGHT AWAY. Put it in the tumble dryer, or better still leave it to dry somewhere so the dye doesn't transfer to other parts of the garment. Then when it's dry. iron it on full heat. 

I am planning on making this one again, but I'm intent on keeping it grey not green! :) 

So here it is:




I know I look super tired, may be the fact I couldn't sleep until 2.30 this morning and I had to dismantle our gazebo which decided to fly away last night, and subsequently has completely broken. So I am worn out and can't wait for my bed this evening. 

So here is the other t-shirt I made for my sister, this one I didn't put in the washing machine so the colour is very vibrant and it works so well! 




Has anyone else decided to do some DIY of there own?
x

1 comment:

  1. These have come out really well! Love the pink one xxx

    ReplyDelete