Monday 17 February 2014

Nivea - Daily Essentials Double Effect Eye Makeup Remover Review

Nivea Double Effect Eye Make-up Remover

I have been using this eye make up remover for a little while, it's the Nivea Double Effect Eye Makeup Remover. It is similar to the more expensive brands eye make up removers, which also come in two parts, however it is a lot cheaper. 
I thought I would give it a go, as face wipes leave my eyes irritated (sensitive skin alert). The bottle states that it is suitable for all skin types, and that it 'effectively removes even waterproof mascara & eye make-up without irritating the sensitive eye area'.
Like I said I've been using this for a few weeks and to be honest I really don't like it. Even though it states it's gentle on sensitive eyes, I'm not sure if it really is. I feel like after using it I sometimes feel a slight sting, which is a shame.

The liquid is half oil and half a water based formula, which they state on their website for not leaving any of that annoying oily residue. However I found that once I've used this product, it leaves my eyelids with an grainy oily residue. 
I am pleased that it takes of my make up well and pretty easily, but I probably will stop using this certain product, and try another brand. 
It is such a shame as the price was really good (£3.59 in Boots) but I don't think it is right for my skin, this might be better for people who have less sensitive skin than I do. 

Have you tried this make up remover, or any similar ones - what did you think?
x

No comments:

Post a Comment