Thursday 14 March 2013

Outfit Post #4

I'm not sure how many of you know, but I'm not the biggest fan of H & M; well I haven't been in a while. However whilst I was in town with Granny Gee yesterday, she dragged me in there, and low and behold, I found something, that I actually liked! 
Well two things, first off I found a grey maxi skirt, and then I came across this simply cute maxi dress. There was a choice of two colours, dark grey and this forest green, I went with the green because it can go with a lot of things, and green is a colour I love to wear. 
I tried it on and it fits nicely, a slight problem with the size of the arm holes (you know which part I mean, the bit under your armpit). They are a bit large, and you can see my bra, which is why I've worn this dress with a blazer. 


I couldn't believe my luck, I never find anything in H & M, and I managed to find two things on a whim!  I am really chuffed with it, I love the slit up the side, which gives it a sexy edge and also makes me look tall! 


Like I said, I wore the maxi dress with my trusty light grey blazer, from Topshop (old). I love the grey with the forest green, it blends really nicely. I decided to add some gold, just to create a bit of warmth within the cool tones. I chose some bracelets, I bought from Primark (£3 a pack) a while ago, then I added another Primark favourite, my gold chain necklace, which I have had for donkey's years! 


I think it brings the outfit together really nicely. I also wore my Topshop boots (similar here), they have lasted so long now and they are still going strong, very comfortable and versatile. They work really nicely with the dress as it gives me a bit more height. Which is very much needed! 
I am so happy with this dress, I can imagine it becoming a staple in my wardrobe, and I was close to never finding it - Lesson learnt, go in shops you don't usually go into, just to have a look around, you never know what you might come across! 
Have you found any bargains in shops you don't usually shop in lately?
x

10 comments:

  1. I love that maxi dress! im glad we went in there :) loving the split down the side!

    grannygee.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah same! I am so surprised how much I like it! xxx

      Delete
  2. The Topshop boots are amazing, mine have lasted surprisingly well too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes buying more expensive ones worth it, when they last for so long doesn't it! :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Thank you sooo much for the follow.^^
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ok I really like your blog :) thank you xx

      Delete
  4. I love the maxi dress so much! And also I have to say that I like your hair color, red is not look good on everybody but you look great with that color :) if you want to visit my blog we can follow each other on blogspot and bloglovin? I'll follow you back :) Have a lovely evening. -B.

    http://thegirlwithacateyesunglasses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you so much :) Yeah ok, I've just followed you via Bloglovin' :) have a lovely evening too xx

      Delete
  5. Hi Megan,really love your necklace, it's gorgeous! Following you on bloglovin' now. Please check out my blog and follow if you would?!

    http://the-style-runner.blogspot.co.uk/ and bloglovin.com/thestylerunner

    Thanks :)

    X jessie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessie, thank you :) Primark is really good for jewellery sometimes! I've just followed you on both GFC and bloglovin :) thanks for following me xx

      Delete